Help

Shawn hill

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2015
Georgia
Hello guys. I am from Georgia. I have silkies and I have a lot of them and when the babies come hatch I bring them in the house but the problem that I'm having my babies are dying they were born Sunday. I started out with 7 and now I have 2 left. They are in a tote in the house with a lamp on them.please help. Thanks

Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Ddiva asked some great questions to help narrow down what could be wrong. Good luck with them!

Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sorry you are having trouble.
sad.png
Lot's of good folk here willing to help sort it out.

Another question in addition to the already important ones asked.... what are you feeding? With bantams, I usually do extra crushing of the starter (flock raiser for me) crumble to make it easier for them to eat and digest. It did help increase my survival rate with shipped chicks.

No more loss!
fl.gif

I would get some Nutri Drench in them, or electrolytes at the very least. Recipe is 2 cups warm water, 1/2 teaspoon each salt and baking soda, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Serve full strength. Can substitute white sugar. If you have it, Poly Vi Sol baby vitamins with NO iron can be added to the mix. And offer boiled, smashed egg. That's what I would do for my shipped chicks who seem to be struggling.

Any symptoms you noticed could help diagnose. Were they falling over on their back? Gasping for air? Running around pecking at stuff and acting spry?

Silkie babies are so cute!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom