Help!

chickdaddy103

In the Brooder
Nov 27, 2016
Hey everybody! Just rescued these little chicklets from the local flea market yesterday, any idea what they are? I was thinking just hatchery sex link but I'm not so sure anymore...

I've not heard of white sex-links - black and red, yes. However, my knowledge on the subject I could write on the back of a postage stamp
tongue.png
. I'd say that the top could well turn out to be a little fella though.

I've not heard of white sex-links - black and red, yes. However, my knowledge on the subject I could write on the back of a postage stamp :p . I'd say that the top could well turn out to be a little fella though.
Really? I always thought sex links were either red or white, shows what I know lol... anyway, I really don't know anything about these little guys, they could just be mutts... what you can't see in the top picture though is an extremely exaggerated tail.

That first chick the one with the exaggerated tail looks like a cockerel Golden Buff (Golden Comet, Golden Sex Link, Cinnamon Queen or Red Star). The hens of that "breed" are red but the roos are white with some reddish buff on their necks, tails and saddle areas. So it might be a GB roo or it might be a mixed breed that looks sort of like one. The others could be various breeds or farmyard mixes.

Are you new to chickens entirely or just trying to figure out what these might be?

That first chick the one with the exaggerated tail looks like a cockerel Golden Buff (Golden Comet, Golden Sex Link, Cinnamon Queen or Red Star).  The hens of that "breed" are red but the roos are white with some reddish buff on their necks, tails and saddle areas.   So it might be a GB roo or it might be a mixed breed that looks sort of like one.  The others could be various breeds or farmyard mixes. 

Are you new to chickens entirely or just trying to figure out what these might be? 
Just trying to figure these guys out... we typically raise pure breds so these little mutts have me confused.

Ah gotcha, I've been going through the Meyer's catalog for days now so that's the only reason I sort of recognize that roo looking one. And I might very well be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

Back
Top Bottom