Help!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dunker, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Dunker

Dunker Just Hatched

Jan 27, 2017
    I have 1 live chicken egg...peeping and tapping... also making crackling noises for over 13 hours now...no external pips yet.. is this normal? How long should I wait for this chick to be assisted?? Don't want to help her yet if no need..

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Dunker [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry that I do not have any experience with assisted hatches but recommend that you check out this article and post on the suggested thread if need be: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

3. Crazyfarmer66

Crazyfarmer66 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2015
    if it has been that long get a wet wash rag and a fork, wet the egg and then keep chiping at the egg and make a hole about the size of a quater and it should be able to make it,

good luck!

4. Dunker

Dunker Just Hatched

Jan 27, 2017
    Hi... and ty for the response. :) I'm not sure if I can do that .. there are no external pips yet.. i can only hear occasional chirping and faint tappings..

5. Dunker

Dunker Just Hatched

Jan 27, 2017
    However it will soon be 24 hours since I heard the chirping and the tapping. . I'm not quite sure how to wait before the first pip..

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Dunker, and [​IMG]! Thanks for joining our community! Best of luck with the hatching! [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    It would be best if you post on one of the "Hatch-a-long " threads where people have experienced a lot of hatchings. I never have.

8. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by