Help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Soulsearching1, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Soulsearching1

Soulsearching1 New Egg

Mar 3, 2017
    Hello all my name is Martin. I live in Kenosha wondering if anyone heard if Kenosha will allow chickens yet? Does anyone know anyone who's selling eggs, I won't eat store eggs. I use to work for the state up north got use to farm fresh eggs, I'm retired now need fresh eggs. Thanks if anyone can help.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. Soulsearching1

Soulsearching1 New Egg

Mar 3, 2017
    Thank you

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Martin, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Hope the answer is 'yes' to your questions. Best of luck and thanks for joining BYC!

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You may want to check with your local government to see if chickens are allowed where you live...rules vary widely from one place to another. You're 100% right about the difference between store bought eggs and fresh from the nest!

Good luck to you!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Have you checked regulations at your village or town hall? You also may want to join your state thread and ask the folks there.

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Soulsearching1 [​IMG] Welcome!

I too hope that the answer is “Yes”.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

8. Soulsearching1

Soulsearching1 New Egg

Mar 3, 2017
    I want fresh eggs daily never want to buy the trash from stores. Fresh eggs are healthy for you not store bought. I'll like to find new friends to network with on eggs and chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by