1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Lovie, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Lovie

Lovie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2017
    [​IMG]

This is a Large white leghorn egg, could this be a peafowl egg or is my Rhode Island Red just laying monster eggs? First time peafowl owner, anxiously awaiting some eggs to incubate. Thanks for the good conversation and reading [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Peahen eggs are pink !

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Lovie

Lovie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2017
    These are so light they look pink when they are cleaned up. I have 5 in the incubator and don't know when to stop turning if they are chicken or peafowl. I don't want to assume chicken and stop at 18 days and mess up a peafowl egg.

4. birdmanmax

birdmanmax Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2016
    Central Michigan
    They don't look like peafowl eggs at all. Peafowl eggs are usually more oval in shape like the picture above and slightly pink.

5. Lovie

Lovie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2017
    Okay I am going to treat them as chicken eggs then. This is the first time I have had peahens but my husband has when he was younger and said that is what they were. I imagine it has just been a while since he has seen them. I was worried my rir was just laying really big eggs.

6. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Yes those are chicken eggs. dany12 pic shows the difference in egg shape.

7. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Peahens lay eggs every 2 days !
    The day she lays and sometimes the day before she walks like that ... drooping wings!

[​IMG]

8. Lovie

Lovie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2017
    Awesome to know!! I know they have been together, accidentally got that on video Lol. [​IMG] But then started getting these big eggs and got confused.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by