HELP!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by brandy21410, Mar 25, 2017.

1. brandy21410

brandy21410 Chillin' With My Peeps

I am posting again, because i really am worried about my drake. He is 9 weeks old and his wings were starting to droop and angle like angel wing so I wrapped it up. 4 days later i took it off and these are the results when i first took it off:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    However, this is him today (3 days later) and its looking droopy again and kind of at an angle. Does anyone think i should bind it back up or just wrap the 2 wings? Also does it look like it could be drop wing and not angel wing? And what should I do for that? Iam extremely worried about him as he is getting older anfmd if it is angel wing he is running out of time to treat it. The wings look very heavy he twitches them up and down frequently and its only the right wing that hangs dramatically:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here he is next to my other drake. I have 3 other muscovys and no wing problems and they are from the same hatch.
    [​IMG]
    Any help or info is greatly appreciated I am brand new to duvks and these are my first ones. Iam VERY worried and dont want anything to become permanent. I changed their food to a 16% protein feed about a week ago also and they only get weeds and lettuce and have fresh water everyday. PLEASE HELP!!

2. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Im sorry , no real advice. It doesnt look bad to me.... it does look a little droopy, which sometimes when they are getting the big wing feathers they will hold them a little low... i had one that did for a week or two then they went back to normal.
    hopefully someone else will come along with some experience with this. Im sorry i dont[​IMG]

3. brandy21410

Thank you for the info, hopefully hus feathers will do the same in a couple of weeks. The right wing does look much bigger than the left and he holds that one up.

4. Ducks4us

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    Well I hope it grows normally!!

5. brandy21410

Thank u, I do too, but it is looking worse today and is starting to bend at an angle again. I think i might wrap it up again, even though he is very slippery and gets out if virtually everything. I just dont want it to end up deformed.

6. brandy21410

Thank u, I do too, but it is looking worse today and is starting to bend at an angle again. I think i might wrap it up again, even though he is very slippery and gets out if virtually everything. I just dont want it to end up deformed.

7. brandy21410

[​IMG]

8. Ducks4us

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    [​IMG]
    Thats too bad. I seen this when googling angel wing. Looks like a good idea... or worth a try

9. FoodFreedomNow

FoodFreedomNow Chillin' With My Peeps

@brandy21410 , I have a good-sized group of Muscovy, and have only had 1 develop angel wing (he was a huge, fast-growing drake). It's difficult to tell from the photos if your drake just has a heavy droopy wing from the flight feathers coming in, or if it's really the early stages of angel wing. I don't clearly see the feathers pointing out to the side, but it could be because you've already wrapped his wings once.

If it was my drake and I thought it could be angel wing, I'd err on the side of caution and wrap him up again. I used Vetrap on mine, and left it on for a week; when the wrap was removed, his wings were normal and remained so. He wasn't happy about it at all, of course. [​IMG]

Best of luck to you!

10. brandy21410

Thank u so much for the info I am going to wrap him today when i get home from school
    However he is a slippery duck i have tried panty hose, a medical wrap and vet tape and he gets out in a matter of seconds. My other drake is great and has no wing problems but he is much bigger and his right wing is hanging like crazy. I did wrap it once for about 4 days and it seemed to help temporaily i think i need to re wrap it for longer this time. Here is an updated pic he moves it up and down all day and its drooping more each day i hope it isnt injured i checked him but it seems ok he streaches it and flaps it with no prblem
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by