Help!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kamrynwade, Apr 5, 2017.

1. kamrynwade

kamrynwade Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2015
    I expected this baby chick to not be alive this morning. It really wants to live but it's so tired. Is there anything I can do to help it??[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Poultry Nutri-Drench. A single drop in the mouth every 8 hours, and put 1/2 TSP in a qt of water every day. Change out the water every day.

1 person likes this.
  3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello-

Did the chick just hatch? Can you give it some water that has electrolites in it to help perk it up? Does it look like anything is wrong with it's little legs? Does the chick show interest in eating and drinking at all? Is it peeping alot like it may be in distress?

One thing is to be sure the chick stays warm. Sometimes they do just fade away and you never know why. Maybe something is not quite right internally. There's always hope though....

4. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    -------
    I agree with lazy Gardener! you need Bovidr Labs Poultry Nutridrench for this chick because this nutritional supplement does not need to be digested like the electrolytes. you need to get energy to this chick fast.
    Nutri drench mainlines directly into the bloodstream. it is measurable there in 11 minutes.
    it's not what you give them it's what they can absorb .
    it will help jump-start the GI tract, help restore the immune system ,combat travel stress, pasty butt, and the runs. the molasses in it will encourage growth of the correct bacteria in the GI tract. HTTP://www.nutridrench.com
    I get mine at Tractor Supply.
    you can also get it at your feed store.
    Best,
    Karen

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by