*HELP*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mahen8622, Jan 20, 2009.

1. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    ok i have eggs in my bator the first 2 were supposed to hatch sunday no cigar so i read in my bator manual that i should bump it up a few degrees well i did and my bator went outta control and went to 110 degrees has this 10 degree fluctuatuion ruined all of my eggs. i opened one that was supposed to hatch sunday and its was a perfect lil black chick but dead very sad are they all dead HELLLLLP:(

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

No, you shouldn't bump up the temp, you need to bump up the humididty.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:X2. This should be in Incubating Eggs.

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Yes this topic isn't really relevant to chicken behaviors.

I say throw some more eggs in and try again! Make sure you have a gauge that tracks both temp and humidity. What kind of incubator are you using?

5. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    Im using a still air incubator made by little gianit holds 41-120 eggsits made of polystyrene foam has two windows in the top but its has to do with egglaying my chicken layed these eggs lol i just need help [​IMG]

6. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    sorry to bother you guys just email me or message me if you have any thoughts or advice

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

In that still air you are looking for a temp of 101.5 and around 40% humidity for the first 18 days, then bump up to 60-65% humidity. Those still airs can be a real bugger to get hatches in, just my opinion. Keep trying!

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:You aren't bothering anyone, just trying to throw some ideas out there for you..

9. mahen8622

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    thanks!

10. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Not bothering us just need a little more info before we can really help. Have you tried candling to look for movement? When are the other eggs due to hatch? How long was the temp high? All might not be lost, if it was only a few hours, (mine were 109 for probably 4-5 hours and are still ok so far).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by