HELP?!?

Martha1980

Chirping
6 Years
May 19, 2013
I have chicken eggs About to hatch in day or so. When they hatch I turn off Turner. Right?? But I still have 40 more eggs in the incaberter that not ready to hatch what to do?

Personally, when I have an incubator full of eggs and some are ready to hatch but some aren't, I leave the turner in. The chicks can hatch in the turners, you might just need to keep an eye on them. Sometimes mine will hatch but just sit in the bottom of the shell in the turner, so I'll just pull them out. Hope that helped, good luck hatching!

Personally, when I have an incubator full of eggs and some are ready to hatch but some aren't, I leave the turner in. The chicks can hatch in the turners, you might just need to keep an eye on them. Sometimes mine will hatch but just sit in the bottom of the shell in the turner, so I'll just pull them out. Hope that helped, good luck hatching!

So leave the Turner on? N the chicks that r hatching will be ok??, now. How long to leave the in after they hatch?? 24hrs??

So leave the Turner on? N the chicks that r hatching will be ok??, now. How long to leave the in after they hatch?? 24hrs??

Yes, leaving the turner on will be alright. Just keep an eye on them and help any chicks who are stuck sitting in the turner. It won't hurt them. After they hatch, I usually leave them in for 12-24 hours and then move them to a brooder with a heat lamp. Just check on them every so often after they hatch to see how dry they are. Once they are fluffy and their feathers are sticking to them, they are alright to go into the brooder.

Yes, leaving the turner on will be alright. Just keep an eye on them and help any chicks who are stuck sitting in the turner. It won't hurt them. After they hatch, I usually leave them in for 12-24 hours and then move them to a brooder with a heat lamp. Just check on them every so often after they hatch to see how dry they are. Once they are fluffy and their feathers are sticking to them, they are alright to go into the brooder.
Thank you☺

I would not leave the turner on. There is a chance of injury to the chicks.

You may be right, but I've never had this happen to me in my two years of incubation. The closest I got to injury was a chick who got their foot caught in a turner under an egg, but all I had to do was lift the egg up for them. I'm just speaking from my own experience.

Back
Top Bottom