Help!!!

Zizix123

Chirping
Jun 18, 2018
Ok I have recently posted before and was helped out. I have 17 eggs which are past the 21 days I have done a water candling and 8 eggs moved so I put them back under the hen the other 9 sunk and didn't move I put them in a container with a lid, heating pad on low with towels and a small bowl of water .I just candled a couple of those and there was movement inside what should I do???

even another day or two even three leave them under the hen if at all possible
please
So I should go put them back now I've had them in my makeshift incubator for a couple days. Also is it ok the are over 21 days and haven't hatched

Ok I have recently posted before and was helped out. I have 17 eggs which are past the 21 days I have done a water candling and 8 eggs moved so I put them back under the hen the other 9 sunk and didn't move I put them in a container with a lid, heating pad on low with towels and a small bowl of water .I just candled a couple of those and there was movement inside what should I do???
they sank...? :/ has it been particularly humid where you are the past 3 weeks?

leave them under then hen if you can, but maybe mark the ones that sank with pencil so you know which ones they were. They may not hatch.

I would place them back under the hen. When you candled could you see mostly dark or some wiggle room. If you tap the egg with your finger nail it may peep back at you if it has internally pipped. I used to candle right up to hatch with my broody because the hatch was staggered not all set the same day as I would in an incubator. Also smell them real close if the chicks have died they will smell bad or you may see a blood line when you candle.

So I should go put them back now I've had them in my makeshift incubator for a couple days. Also is it ok the are over 21 days and haven't hatched
lots of people wait until atleast day 25 before giving up on eggs and have still had live chicks inside then. If mama hen has been off the nest quite a bit it can put them behind by several days.

Y
they sank...? :/ has it been particularly humid where you are the past 3 weeks?

leave them under then hen if you can, but maybe mark the ones that sank with pencil so you know which ones they were. They may not hatch.
Yes we live in Tennessee and it's been very hot and humid.

I would place them back under the hen. When you candled could you see mostly dark or some wiggle room. If you tap the egg with your finger nail it may peep back at you if it has internally pipped. I used to candle right up to hatch with my broody because the hatch was staggered not all set the same day as I would in an incubator. Also smell them real close if the chicks have died they will smell bad or you may see a blood line when you candle.
I'm new so it was light at the bottom and I would say 85% dark and all had movement and mine where all staggered as well first time for both me and hen. I have tried with all eggs and have heard no peeping. I will go return them thank you.

Back
Top Bottom