1. Dgross

Dgross In the Brooder

May 26, 2017
    I have a pekin she is about 3 maybe 4. She started having issues walking last summer. We tried some chick starter, niacin, brewers yeast. Nothing seems to help. She just continued to have issues walking. At first it was stiff leg. Then it was dead leg. Now its both legs drags them behind her using her wings to move her. We pick her up to put her in the pool. We put food and water right next to her. She just drags her legs. She doesnt go far from where we take her to. Her wings are getting beat up a bit. She eats, she drinks, swims. I'm at a loss as to what to do. She doesnt seem in pain really. I can't see any sores or anything that is out of the norm. I dont really know what to do. There are no vets here that will see her.
    If I put this in the wrong area. I looked everywhere and this was the only place that I could create oe type anything.

2. Dgross

Dgross In the Brooder

May 26, 2017
    3 to 4 years old
    No injuries

3. RhodeIslandRed5

RhodeIslandRed5 Songster

May 28, 2019
    East Texas
    How strange. But sounds like you need to just have her put out of her misery.

4. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Enabler

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    Eggcessive and RhodeIslandRed5 like this.
  5. RhodeIslandRed5

RhodeIslandRed5 Songster

May 28, 2019
    East Texas
    Think you could post a picture of her?

6. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Enabler

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I assume that you are posting about your pekin duck and not about a pekin (cochin) chicken? Do you have any pictures?

Wyorp Rock and RhodeIslandRed5 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: