Help!

May 10, 2019
So, a few months ago I got two chicks, later figured out that they were both cockerels. They’re besties, ya know, cuddling in the corner and such. Well, my Australorp was killed by a hawk. My other roo is a Dominique, and he seems really sad about it. He’s not talking much and just lays down in a corner most of the day. He sleeps with my ducks at night and seems happier whenever they’re around, and he’ll eat with them. He was raised with them, so they’re all friends. Should I have him be around my ducks more? I let them roam since they’re full grown, but my chickens stayed in a pen for the most part. I would like to get some hens for him, but I would have to wait for them to grow. Can I help him be less sad??

Sorry for your loss :hugsHawks are such jerks!:barnie I would let him hang around the ducks until you can get him some ladies. Our neighbor lost all but* one rooster in a fire and they gave him away to another neighbor whom rehabs hens. He was so happy and proud of his 3 girls. He unfortunately got taken by a hawk last year but he died happy. You can try craigslist or you can utilize the rehoming threads to see if you can find some hens for him. Best of luck:fl

*edited to fix an autocorrect error

Sorry for your loss :hugsHawks are such jerks!:barnie I would let him hang around the ducks until you can get him some ladies. Our neighbor lost all but* one rooster in a fire and they gave him away to another neighbor whom rehabs hens. He was so happy and proud of his 3 girls. He unfortunately got taken by a hawk last year but he died happy. You can try craigslist or you can utilize the rehoming threads to see if you can find some hens for him. Best of luck:fl

*edited to fix an autocorrect error
Thanks for the info! I have him outside with me now and he’s eating grass lol. I hope to find him some hens.

Back
Top Bottom