Help!

Millsfam4

Hatching
Mar 3, 2020
Hello new here we purchased our chicks week ago we had 6 but we lose one she was tiny and didn’t survive. But then we have this one ( itty) black one. She’s been fine other then her little peeps Thur out the day she is fine eats drinks sleeps she did have some pasty butt but not now. But today she seems stressed out. The temperature are warming up around here so yesterday the coop was way to hot which I though the temperature was fine today I can’t get her calm down. Should I adjust temp for just her ? I don’t know she always trying lay or get under the wings of the others with her which as you can see they are way bigger. We was told they was 2 weeks when we got them last Sunday. Which should put them at 3 weeks ?? And should i still be adding the probiotics to the water ? Temperature is 87.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 10
What's the room temperature where you have their brooder? If it's around 70F, your chicks don't need heat during the day as long as they are actively consuming calories. At night as they sleep, they will lose body heat and will need about 75-80F.

That's the first part of providing heat to three-week old chicks. They will still need a part of the brooder where it's cooler and they can move away from the heat source if they become too warm.

Chicks can sicken and die as easily from a brooder too warm as a brooder too cold.

What's the room temperature where you have their brooder? If it's around 70F, your chicks don't need heat during the day as long as they are actively consuming calories. At night as they sleep, they will lose body heat and will need about 75-80F.

That's the first part of providing heat to three-week old chicks. They will still need a part of the brooder where it's cooler and they can move away from the heat source if they become too warm.

Chicks can sicken and die as easily from a brooder too warm as a brooder too cold.

It’s around 67 in the house during the day but night it’s 63. But i can’t get the temperature down below 80-90 i turned the red light off for few minutes today bc i feel like it just to hot but they was all on top of each other within the few minutes. I’m worried it’s way to hot. But they have lots of room to get away but they seem stay right around the light.

If the chicks are using the heat, then they obviously need it.

Just make sure they have enough space where it isn't as warm to cool off if they get too hot.

Your brooder appears to be large enough.

Back
Top Bottom