Help!?

akostka1988

Chirping
May 15, 2020
Alton, ME
When I bought my guineas I only wanted 2 the guy insisted I had to buy 4 and then said “I gave you 2 that probably won’t make it” 😳 One looks like it’s in bad shape now. It’s definitely the runt of the group and it seems to be declining rapidly. It was much perkier yesterday and today it just seems to want to sleep. One of its pupils was cloudy and seems to be turning milky white rapidly as well. Just one and just the pupil itself though. I’m not sure if there is anything I can even do for it. I fear I’m fighting a battle I shouldn’t even be in...

Attachments

• 3C9B130C-614A-4C3A-8CDB-FB5AB0E4EBD0.jpeg
    3C9B130C-614A-4C3A-8CDB-FB5AB0E4EBD0.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 8
When I bought my guineas I only wanted 2 the guy insisted I had to buy 4 and then said “I gave you 2 that probably won’t make it” 😳 One looks like it’s in bad shape now. It’s definitely the runt of the group and it seems to be declining rapidly. It was much perkier yesterday and today it just seems to want to sleep. One of its pupils was cloudy and seems to be turning milky white rapidly as well. Just one and just the pupil itself though. I’m not sure if there is anything I can even do for it. I fear I’m fighting a battle I shouldn’t even be in...
Not what you want to hear but I recommend culling it.

:barnie:he That is a terrible person. I suggest you never buy from them again. He probably doesn't even care about the guinea chicks.
On the other hand, make sure the chick is warm enough and is getting enough water.
I should have been hand feeding her mash as soon as I realized she was getting weak as for where I purchased them I got them from the Tractor Supply Store.

I should have been hand feeding her mash as soon as I realized she was getting weak as for where I purchased them I got them from the Tractor Supply Store.
Don't beat yourself up over this. There probably isn't anything that you could have done to prevent the death. I am sorry but you can't save everything.

Back
Top Bottom