Help!

Oh my chickens

Chirping
Jul 20, 2020
I have been noticing the neighborhood doves have been entering my coop and I am going through feed at a crazy rate. How do I keep the doves out of the coop and eating the feed? I saw the hanging old CD’s from the ceiling but I’m not having an issue with sparrows. They have pretty much stayed away. I want the doves out! I’ve stopped putting out scratch for my girls hoping to stop them but that hasn’t worked. They still come into the backyard and the coop. Any suggestions would be ever so helpful!!

You could try hanging a bird feeder somewhere away from the coop. The feeder might help prevent them from wanting to eat your chickens’ food. Or you could get a hawk or owl decoy and put that somewhere around your coop to scare the doves away

We only have one door on the coop. It’s their door and the people door. The door stays open all day and that is how they are getting in. This is the door that we have. The food is just to the left when you enter the coop. I hope this makes sense and can provide more solutions!! Thank you!!

Attachments

• DFE76215-9F5D-4BD3-87FE-486348DACD36.jpeg
    DFE76215-9F5D-4BD3-87FE-486348DACD36.jpeg
    542.5 KB · Views: 2
We only have one door on the coop. It’s their door and the people door. The door stays open all day and that is how they are getting in. This is the door that we have. The food is just to the left when you enter the coop. I hope this makes sense and can provide more solutions!! Thank you!!
Then I'd make a pop door and use the pet strips.
Looks like you might need to add some windows in there too....and more space.

I will make that suggestion to the SO. The coop is about 9ft long and 6.5 feet high. There are lots of roosts for them. I was thinking about the ventilation and he added an exhaust fan to help pull some of the Hot air out of the coop. Thank you for the suggestions!!

Back
Top Bottom