Help!

Pawsitivly

Songster
May 14, 2020
My Jasmine, she is so sweet to me, and she is so cuddly. But... not to the other chicks. We got her at a local farm store labeled ‘Straight Runs’. Along side her, we got another straight run, and two unsexed bantams. Right now they are about 3-4 months. We thought we had determined gender. Charlie, (one of the bantams) has started to crow a week ago. He has a big red comb and some pretty big wattles. Now, we assumed all of the other chicks were hens. Non of them look like roosters at all. But Jasmine has changed. She is sparring with most of the other chicks. And she started to CROW. Though, the other chicks still have to be around her. They follow her around, and always snuggle up together. She is pretty dominant. I really don’t want her to be a rooster! We’re pretty sure Jasmine is an Ameraucana mix. Is it possible for a really dominant hen to crow? (Charlie is the photo on top, and Jasmine is the two on the bottom)
EFF4E2E3-59A7-4641-987F-BB918E0AEC33.jpeg
A53B58D4-0745-4E98-A820-AAF424DC39C5.jpeg
D50C2EF9-E654-4C0C-8EAA-751C85500AAC.jpeg

That doesn’t look like any sebright I’ve ever seen? It’s got a single comb, and the feathers are all wrong... the legs are the wrong color, and there’s no lacing really anywhere on the bird. Perhaps some type of gamefowl? If it didn’t come from a hatchery I would assume it was a cross... I guess it could be a really really bad hatchery quality sebright but... yeah. It even has sickle feathers coming in the tail... sebrights are supposed to be hen feathered. 🤷🏼‍♀️

the other is 100% for sure an Easter egger cockerel. Giant red pea comb, white wing bars. And crowing. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom