!help!

Marshmallow1234

Songster
Oct 25, 2020
Canada
I have 3 hens. 2 barred rocks and the other one is a mix I’m not sure. The mix is a smaller and younger chicken but I’m worried since I barely see her eat. She seems scared of the other 2. Does she not like the food? We feed her corn grits.

They didn’t grow up together.
When, and how, did you add the younger one?
You need to make sure she eats, multiple feeders should always be available.

Grits and rice is not a balanced diet.
Can you not give them a commercial feed?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1609262491865.png

Corn grits is the only feed?

How old are these birds, in weeks or months?
Did they grow up together?
How big is your coop and run, in feet by feet?
Dimensions and pics would be most helpful.
Yeah we feed them corn grits and rice and if we have leftover food we give to them. Two of them started laying like 5-6 months I thibk and the other one is 4 months. They didn’t grow up together. And their coop is height is 55cm width is 55 cm and length is 1.52 m and we don’t rlly have a run they just go around the whole backyard

When, and how, did you add the younger one?
You need to make sure she eats, multiple feeders should always be available.

Grits and rice is not a balanced diet.
Can you not give them a commercial feed?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2467331
When the younger one as like 3 months. Also where do you get the feed? I’m in Canada so it’s cold

When the younger one as like 3 months. Also where do you get the feed? I’m in Canada so it’s cold
Any feed supply store. Walmart even sells poultry feed. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but it's honestly a wonder the birds even started laying and didn't have stunted growth! It's THAT critical to feed them a feed formulated for poultry! Imagine a human trying to survive on corn and grits. We wouldn't! Granted, if they free range they will get some protein from bugs, but usually it isn't anywhere near enough for the modern-day bird. I'm just trying to stress the importance of chicken feed.

Tractor Supply Co is actually a Canadian owned company. I'm sure there's more. Tractor Supply sells Dumor brand and it's like $11 USD for 50 pounds of feed. VERY cheap!

Any feed supply store. Walmart even sells poultry feed. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but it's honestly a wonder the birds even started laying and didn't have stunted growth! It's THAT critical to feed them a feed formulated for poultry! Imagine a human trying to survive on corn and grits. We wouldn't! Granted, if they free range they will get some protein from bugs, but usually it isn't anywhere near enough for the modern-day bird. I'm just trying to stress the importance of chicken feed.

Tractor Supply Co is actually a Canadian owned company. I'm sure there's more. Tractor Supply sells Dumor brand and it's like $11 USD for 50 pounds of feed. VERY cheap!
Oh I feel oats, corn grits. Pumpkin seed, corn meal, uncooked rice but I cannot find feed it said you need zip code but it does not let you enter the letters and there’s no feed in my Walmart

Is this good? I don’t see then eat a lot of it they only eat the leftovers I have like fried rice and meat etc

Attachments

• E92C79B1-6ED5-4A96-92F3-80FB0D185B3F.jpeg
    E92C79B1-6ED5-4A96-92F3-80FB0D185B3F.jpeg
    776.6 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom