HELP

jacistringfello

Chirping
Sep 1, 2021
I have 2 hens that went broody a bantam and buff. The buff stopped sitting on 3 eggs 4 days after 2 hatched. So I put them in a make shift incubator. 1 hatched 48 hrs ago. The buff tries to hurt it when I try to put it with the other 2. And the bantam just ignores it....
Any words of wisdom.

Jac

I have 2 hens that went broody a bantam and buff. The buff stopped sitting on 3 eggs 4 days after 2 hatched. So I put them in a make shift incubator. 1 hatched 48 hrs ago. The buff tries to hurt it when I try to put it with the other 2. And the bantam just ignores it....
Any words of wisdom.

Jac
Is it possible for you to raise the chick (and any others that hatch) inside in a brooder with a heat source? If both hens are rejecting the chick, the only route I can see to take would be to brood it indoors.

If you mean how to get the hen to accept it, then sneak it under the hen when it’s dark it what I’ve heard. But monitor it carefully.

If you mean how to get the hen to accept it, then sneak it under the hen when it’s dark it what I’ve heard. But monitor it carefully.
x2, but I'd do it with the uninterested hen, not the violent one. Violent hen is a great way to have a scalped chick, and uninterested hen is a great way to get a hypothermic chick.

Back
Top Bottom