HELP!

fin-dachickmasta

Songster
Jan 15, 2022
My chicken is blocked up with poop. She is not able to poop as of now and I am worried she will die! She is not a friendly chicken it will take me an hour or two to catch her and or take a video. When she pushes her vent turns red and you can see the poop. (than she runs away) What should I do?

The easiest time to handle or grab a chicken for treatment is during the dark, late at night or early morning, when they are on the roost. Coconut oil, chilled and cut into small pieces can be given to her. Also, you could use olive or canola oil and put it into some scrambled egg to eat. One tsp is a good amount. Make sure there is fresh thawed water for her to drink enough. You can also insert an oiled gloved finger into the vent to help loosen any poop, but also to check for a stuck egg or obstruction.

i put some warm not hot water in a container and soaked the birds vent in the warm water for a bit until l the poop is all gone and then put her back in the brooder (witch was where she was with her friends) and if there is any moor poop on her vent then you do it again
Ok thank you I will try! Somehow she is still alive!

Back
Top Bottom