Help??

Emily_caro

Hatching
May 9, 2023
Help!!

Our Easter Egger is just over 6 months old. She had started laying eggs in the middle of April we haven’t gotten one from her in several weeks. We weren’t sure if it was because we removed the place she was laying (she was flying the fence and going into our yard). Over the last week or so she’s becoming more lethargic/tail down.

We thought she may be egg bound and have given her two epsom salt baths. But, it has been going on for longer than 2 days.

Today she is caked with poop and then let out this on our bathroom floor.

Suggestions??
E96FDD9C-2E2D-4B88-912F-FEB528C6E3BB.jpeg

Attachments

• F0DEB97D-6453-4682-A026-46C31D1AF4FC.jpeg
    F0DEB97D-6453-4682-A026-46C31D1AF4FC.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Poor girl, what her crop feel like? What's her diet?
She’s on layer pellets. Unsure of the brand. We also just recently put oyster shell out in a separate container because we have gotten a few soft shelled/no shell eggs. Could be hers as they’ve shown up since we have seen her eggs last.

From what I can tell her crop feels empty.

She’s on layer pellets. Unsure of the brand. We also just recently put oyster shell out in a separate container because we have gotten a few soft shelled/no shell eggs. Could be hers as they’ve shown up since we have seen her eggs last.

From what I can tell her crop feels empty.
Is she being prevented from eating?

Mmmm unsure of that. She used to be the dominant one out of all of them (4) and once she started laying she was much more submissive. I haven’t noticed them not letting her in to eat, but I also haven’t been watching closely enough.

Back
Top Bottom