Help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rainstorm, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Im using an LG egg turner and half go on lockdown today....
    I was told I could just pop out one of the turner rails and lay the eggs in there for lockdown but I cant get the rail out!! what do I do?? I dont have another incubator to put the eggs in for lockdown.. the left side of the rail popped out easily but I cant get the other to come out, I dont wanna try to hard in case he breaks. What do I do? just pop it out? how does everyone else use the lg turner?

2. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I would just take the turner out of the bator and gently lay the eggs on their sides on the wire floor and shut the bator. You can clean the bator after the hatch is complete.

3. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:I have eggs in their that still needs to be turned.. I would just put them all out of the turner but Im not gonna be home the whole time tomorrow to turn them

4. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    You do need to remove the turner, even if you want to take out rails. My LG turner you have to take out two little screws on the circular motor, and release the rails from the arm in order to be able to remove them....but I don't know how you'll keep the hatching chicks out of the turner while you're still turning your other batch. If you go to the Miller Mfg website, I believe you can find a manual for the egg turner -- mine came with one.

5. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    farmin'chick :

You do need to remove the turner, even if you want to take out rails. My LG turner you have to take out two little screws on the circular motor, and release the rails from the arm in order to be able to remove them....but I don't know how you'll keep the hatching chicks out of the turner while you're still turning your other batch. If you go to the Miller Mfg website, I believe you can find a manual for the egg turner -- mine came with one.

I have a small piece of edgeless wire that I already fitted for the bator so the chicks cant get to the turner, Guess I gotta take it out.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by