HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickabator, Feb 17, 2008.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    My BO that hatched this morning has something wrong with its neck Its head wants to go backword like it is looking up in the air and it keeps turnning its head from side to side whats wrong with it?

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Could be something neurological, but without seeing it, it's hard to tell.

3. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    it looks like its neck is broke

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

How long ago did it hatch? There are some that are pretty wobbly for awhile after hatch.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

How about crookneck? There are posts here!

6. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    [​IMG]

I know the picture isn't too good but I can't open the bator I have other eggs that have pipped

7. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    it hatched about 2 hours ago what is crooked neck ? it looked normal when it hatched. Its little neck bone is sticking out twords the front it isn't through the skin or anything and no one has touched the chick it has been in bator the whole time it is still wet

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

can someone explain crooked neck, I've never seen it, only read about it?

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't know what to tell you other than to just wait and see what happens.....especially since you've got other eggs working on hatching.

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I'm with Katy...Leave the chick to rest in the bator and fluff up while the others are pipping and hatching...

Then when you take the whole hatch out of the bator ..check the chick over again...if it could be crooked neck...try the search button...type in crooked neck or start a new post and someone thats experienced with that can help ...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by