help!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by kgarbs, May 25, 2010.

1. kgarbs

kgarbs Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    Missouri
    My baby turkey is about a month and a half old and it has these air bubbles underneath its wing. What should I do if anything to help her? It doesn't seem to bother her though so could you help me please!?

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Are you sure its air bubble sand not just pin feathers coming in?? My guess would be you are seeing the sheaths for the pin feathers....

3. kgarbs

May 25, 2010
    Missouri
    This is a picture of what I'm talking about....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  4. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    eww thats werid looking, why dont you post that in the emergencies section... someone can help maybe

5. longranger

longranger Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    laguna hills CA
    The only thing I can think of that could cause that would be a ruptured air sac. Usually that would be smaller bubbles though. Is it just those big bubbles or can you feel air in the soft tissue near those bubbles? If yes ruptured air sac it is. That condition usually is caused by trauma like falling or flying into a wall. If that is the case it will probably resolve without complications.

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I would have to agree looks trauma induced... I would just watch and see if it goes down ....

7. kgarbs

May 25, 2010
    Missouri
    Okay thanks! Hopefully it goes down! I just feel bad I don't know what else to do for her.

8. Jessica Rabbit

Jessica Rabbit Mistress of Marans Manor

Apr 27, 2010
    Snohomish, WA
    Quote:I hope someone finds out what it is because mine has the same thing! We have one that looks EXACTLY like that! noticed it two days ago!

9. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I am on my second day of my foray into turkeys . . . but I can tell you that chickens get that all the time, it's like a bruise and will go away just leave it alone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by