Help!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by woolychicken, Jun 22, 2010.

1. woolychicken

woolychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    mesick michigan
    do not know what is happing.
    in the last month i have lost both of my male bantums. no feather,no body just gone!!
    do not understand . i have 17 full size birds running around the yard and the bantums roam the barn yard with the sheep and goats and ducks. could it be a hawk? fox? the last few time i just ran to the store for something a when i went to put them away for the night someone came up missing he was their at noon [​IMG]
    thinking i need to make a closed in yard with a net on top for them.where would i get it and who would have the best buy. need advise.
    wooly [​IMG]

2. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    A Cat is my guess.......vanished without a trace or even a feather... I'd say cat. I just had 2 chicks that could fit through the fencing disappear without a trace..........caught the cat in the act of hunting for a 3rd.

3. woolychicken

woolychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2009
    mesick michigan
    i wish i could say it was a cat but i have 2 very large tom cats that are always in the barn, they have been with them since they where chicks and never bother them before. i will keep an eye on them just in case your right . [​IMG]
    i will let you know if i do find them to be the culpurit [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by