Help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Christemo, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Christemo

Christemo New Egg

Jul 20, 2010
    So, we have chickens that wondered onto our property. I'm thinking that someone has just dumped them in the woods, and they found a lovely tree to sit under on our property, and they've been there ever since this morning.
    Here's some pictures of them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for all the help!

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    You're asking what breed they are, right?

If so, they're buff Orpingtons. [​IMG]

3. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

They are pretty! Wish some of them would wander into my coop...LOL I'm new to breeds but they look alot like a Cinnamon or maybe a Buff Orphington? I'm sure someone on here will be able to tell you just what they are...

They are keepers! [​IMG]

4. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    You may want to just check with all neighbors first just in case they wandered off. They are def Buff Orpingtons and look really cute! BUUUUT, I wouldn't keep them without checking with everyone around first. They look to be well cared for in my opinion. I've had my ladies get out by accident and then they were found in my neighbors yard. Oh, do you have any structure they can use for tonight? Make sure to give water and maybe table scraps if you have any for now.

Good luck!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Boy, I would love it if some un-attached BOs like that wandered into MY yard!

Why don't these "found" or "dropped off/discarded" chickens ever get tossed in MY direction??????

I wouldn't even mind if some run o' the mill mutt pullets would show up. [​IMG]

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I can't tell if they're Buff Orpingtons or Gold Sexlinks, but they look lovely!

Oh, and [​IMG]

7. Christemo

Christemo New Egg

Jul 20, 2010
    We're back on 15 acres of land, so I don't know if they were lost by someone and made a long treck back here, or they were just dumped.

They're on the opposite side of the house from where the garage is, where we could keep them.
    I've seen them wondering around the woods about two weeks ago, it just seems like they want to stop by the house more often.

8. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    awww, that's sad - wandering around by their lonesomes. Free ranging is great for sure but they are coming to you to look for extras and prob water. They are really friendly birds, if someone doesn't turn up, I would keep them but they do need feed, water and a place to call home for the night. Can you post up notices around the area in case they did wander off? Maybe someone is missing them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by