Help!!!!!!

BobwhiteQuailLover

Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Wisconsin
I went out to feed, AND Cocoa has lost feathers on her back!!! She also lost her tail feathers last week!! What is happening?!
IT IS WORSE THAN IT LOOKS!! SHE IS BLOODY ON HER NECK!! THERE ARE NO FEATHERS ON HER NECK!!!!!!!
68534_100_2299.jpg

Could it be from roo's?

Last edited:
i was amazed after getting quails for the first time at how brutal they can be to each other. i agree it's probably a roo. But watch out and pull her out if you see too much blood as the others will join in the pecking party.

I am going to remove my post here.

For whatever reason, I forgot that you had Bobwhites momentarily (doh!) instead of coturnix.

My apologies!

Last edited:
i used to have Buttons and Coturnix. They just never became tame. As much as i would try to calm them and bond with them, they would just look at me in terror whenever i came near. i had one little hen get the entire top of her head pecked off, the skin was sliding off as i put on neosporin. i rehomed them as i really wanted to spend my time with the birds that interacted with me on a friendly nature, like my chickens, ducks, and turkeys.

Personally, if i had any rooster that killed hens, they would be gone so fast their head would spin around like in the exorcist.

Yep, I was thinking about having quail for thanksgiving!!
UPDATE: I have ANOTHER hen with a bald and bloody neck!!!!!
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom