!!!help!!!

theprimouomo

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 31, 2010
Today my mum waked me up and told me that my chicken layed and egg i was so excited i alomost peed my pants
lol.png

But then she told me that the chicken layed the egg not in the coop but free range !

THAT GOT ME DOWN AND SAD!!
but whats the sloution will she lay her eggs in free range or in the coop
[please help me i dont know what to do]

64431_img01100-20101212-1726.jpg

em soo proud of my baby!!
hit.gif

Try putting some golf balls or fake eggs in the nests. It might help them get the idea.
Even if they don't stop then every day will be Easter.

Good luck
Imp

I think sometimes, that first egg is as much a surprise to the chicken as it is to you. My first egg came from a chicken on the roost. Another first egg came from the run. They seem to have all gotten the idea on their own. Make sure their nest looks luke a safe, secure, dark, sheltered area with clean, fluffy litter. Put a couple fake eggs or egg-like objects in and I'm sure they will get the hint. One other thing, if your nests are up high, they may ignore them.

Are you concerned about how long the egg was on the ground? As in, how fresh it is? I probly would have cracked it open with out even thinking about that....should think of those things tho. The dog would have had a scrambled egg at least. Or even thchick that layed the egg! Or should you just chuck the egg to be safe?

If possible you can also lock them in to their run for a while until they get the idea that they are supposed to lay in the nests. So far only one of mine laid her first egg in the pen. The rest of them and even her now, lay in the nests. I have worried about letting them free range now that they are laying but so far they have all gone back to the coop to lay. Good luck
smile.png

almost all of my pullets laid their first eggs out in the run. I even saw my speckled sussex drop one while she was eating and the look on her face was priceless... She trully had no idea what had happened. Within by the third egg, they all figured out the nest box without any help form me

Back
Top Bottom