Help....

chknman79

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
Crossville,TN
I bought 17 chickens from a lady and I can't remember what one breed is. I know I have 6 RIR and 5 Barred Rocks but can't remember what the third is. Here is a pic. This is my first venture into the chicken world so.......
whitechicken.jpg

From that angle it looks like a Cornish Rock cross meat bird, is that possible? If that's what it is you're going to have a tasty meal in about a month! The RIR and Barred Rocks will lay lots of eggs and make great pets, if that's what you're after.
big_smile.png

Other than Cronish/Rock it's probably a White Rock. White Orpingtons and White Giants are also a possibility, but they are much more rare.

Thanks ella. I thought maybe they were Cornish Rock Crosses but they are 7-1/2 weeks old and they are not much bigger than they others. Definitely not big enough to make a meal out of. I am thinking white rocks. I have been told they could be Leghorns. Any possibility? I have never been around chickens much in my life and am learning differences in the breeds. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I forgot to mention that a coupleof these chickens are beginning to show some brown on their wing feathers. I don't know if that will help anyone in knowing what breed or not. I will post a new pic tonight when I get back home.

Back
Top Bottom