help!!!

eliss18

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 10, 2008
its been raining and i went to go lock up my chickens for the night but i found the door had closed on them and they were sitting on the roof of their house saturated and upset.

they werent happy and i immediatly ran them inside and dried them off and warmed them up for at least 20 minutes.

I have now put then to bed and they immediatly ate and were walkign around fine but i am worried they may get sick from this or something..

should i be worried or can they get sick from this

please help i dont want anythking to happen to by babies!

thanks

a very worried mum

No not to worry. My chickens are stupid. They tend to stay out in the rain by choice. They are fine. How old are they? If they are very young w/o adult feathers then maybe but I'm assuming since they are outside they are older and will be OK.

they are not yet a year old but are laying and covered in feathers hehe.

they seemed alright when i put them back in their house. they were warm and dry and their combs were quite warm.

should i not be to worried?

Mine tend to stay out in the rain too......makes for easy wormie snacks!!!! I have started wedging something under my coop door so it can't accidentally shut. I am more afraid the wind will slam it on one than anything.

We're having a good heavy drizzle this morning, and all the hens are out in the yard, soaked to the skin.
roll.png

Em

Back
Top Bottom