1. eliss18

eliss18 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2008
    its been raining and i went to go lock up my chickens for the night but i found the door had closed on them and they were sitting on the roof of their house saturated and upset.

they werent happy and i immediatly ran them inside and dried them off and warmed them up for at least 20 minutes.

I have now put then to bed and they immediatly ate and were walkign around fine but i am worried they may get sick from this or something..

should i be worried or can they get sick from this

please help i dont want anythking to happen to by babies!

thanks

a very worried mum

2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    No not to worry. My chickens are stupid. They tend to stay out in the rain by choice. They are fine. How old are they? If they are very young w/o adult feathers then maybe but I'm assuming since they are outside they are older and will be OK.

3. eliss18

Feb 10, 2008
    they are not yet a year old but are laying and covered in feathers hehe.

they seemed alright when i put them back in their house. they were warm and dry and their combs were quite warm.

should i not be to worried?

4. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Not to worry. You can certainly keep an eye out for any respitory issues. Sneezing, runny eyes, etc.

Good luck.

5. eliss18

Feb 10, 2008
    thankyou for your reply by the way.

6. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    They will be fine. My Rooster loves to stay out in the rain. They might be chilled but ok.

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Mine tend to stay out in the rain too......makes for easy wormie snacks!!!! I have started wedging something under my coop door so it can't accidentally shut. I am more afraid the wind will slam it on one than anything.

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

The dippy things should be fine...mine hate baths, but will stand in the rain...

9. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

We're having a good heavy drizzle this morning, and all the hens are out in the yard, soaked to the skin. [​IMG]

Em

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by