Help !!!

hollybell

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Can anyone please help me!! I had 23 egg in my incubater (first time!) 17 hatched on the 16th /17th and then they stopped due date was the 17th. Yesterday 18th, as I was adding water for humidity I heard one of the egg chip. it is still chipping !! can I do anything to help apart just hope that it hatches... PLEASE someone tell me what to do!! Thanks
Holly

Quote:
I would give the chick another couple of days as it may have been the later of the clutch to be layed and could very well hatch all by its self
thumbsup.gif

I had a clutch that was due to hatch on a Monday and they didn't start hatching till that Wednesday finishing up Thursday!! So anything can happen!!

What should you do? Watch and wait!
smile.png

When an egg starts chirping, it'll be another 24 hours before it starts trying

pip. It can take a while. I wouldn't recommend you help him out. If it is meant

to be, he will hatch, if it's not- he won't. Keep us updated.

Wishing y'all luck!

Thank you everyone for your advice !!! I'll let you know if more hatch ...Just one more thing , my incubater takes 25 eggs and everyone says don't open the door until the hatch is finished...I have open it every time I need to add more water also as there we around 8 /9 chicks hatched and they were knocking all the other eggs around and standing on the newly hatched as soon as they looked stronge and dry I moved them to a brooder ...is that ok? THANKS

Try and get the water in the incubator when you have no pips, or put a wet

sponge in there. Taking the chicks out once they are fluffy and dry is totally

OK, but again - be sure there are no pips in other eggs when you open the

incubator.

Welcome to BYC By the way!
ya.gif

Last edited:
Thanks ..It's GREAT to talk with people that have done it before!!! By the way I'm in Italy and 14 of the chicks that hatched were eggs from my hens Valdarnese White and 3 Orpingtons ( 1 fawn,1 blue/grey and one black!!) given to me from friends that live in france!! so only one of my eggs so far hasn't hatched ..not bad ..!!! waiting on the orpingtons!! fingers crossed
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom