Help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kookykate328, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    It's the 21st day of incubation and we have 15 eggs left to hatch. 4 have hatched early and none that are in the incubator now have pipped yet. Should I be worried? Please Help!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Did you candle before lockdown and were they moving then? I would give them another day or two. While the natural inclination is to want to open the incubator and check on them, the reality is that there isn't a lot you can do. If they are alive, they may be resting and absorbing the yolk in preparation for hatching, and leaving the incubator closed to maintain temp/humidity is the best thing you can do. If they are not alive, picking them up and messing with them is not going to change the outcome. So.....wait and see for a little while longer. Good luck!

3. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    some of them were moving when i candled them before lockdown i havent messed with the eggs and one hatched this morning it is a blue silkie but it looks yellow

4. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    [​IMG] now she is dried off more but this is a pic from a little after she hatched

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by