1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dbc, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Dbc

Dbc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    My chIcken has hatched 11 hours ago! It is down and won't stand up completely! It just wobbles around! What should I do!

2. Dbc

Dbc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    It's feet are curled up!

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
  4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:This is an excellent link on correcting curled feet. I have done this and it worked for me.

5. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Some chicks just take longer than others to get their strength up and get to their feet. Although its feet look curled now, they might straighten out okay once it stands up. I'm just saying this so you realise that you might not have to try the chick shoes and toe taping. Sometimes just setting the chick in the correct position with its feet out straight and holding it upright for a while is enough for it to get itself sorted out. I've done that with a curled up, weak and wobbly chick before.

But if that doesn't work, the toe straightening threads will of course be a great help!

6. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    give it some time. id say24-48 hours before you intervien. then if its still not up i would take further action.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by