1. Donna 9

Donna 9 New Egg

Feb 9, 2012
    I have a Bkue Cochin Rooster approx three years old...he got beat up bad by another rooster...I had him on antibiotics (baytril) and the infection in his eyes cleared up, but appears to be blind...i am getting him to eat babyfood mixed with laying mash and cracked corn...however he still refused to try a walk and throws his head back and shakes it back inforth everytime he takes a bite of food...this had been going on for a month...I am just prolonging his death, or do I need to put him down...he is so sweet....and suggestions here...i have a heat light on him 24 7...he just wants to eat, sleep....and nothing else....while I ever see any inprovement...

2. klmclain1

klmclain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    ohhhhhh... so sad. Poor baby! If I were you, I'd repost with a different title. I know there are people here with blind chickens and they might have been through something similar. Best of luck!

3. Donna 9

Donna 9 New Egg

Feb 9, 2012
    My Rooster seems to be getting a little better, he is eating good at this point( however when he eat or drinks he puts his head back and shakes it back in forth) I would like to know if anyone knows why he is doing this...he is finally walking some...drinking good...but is still pretty weak...Hes getting mash, and of course I make him a pan of cornbread and add extra egg and cheese in it for him...his sight has not fully regained...any input would be greatly appreciated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by