1. Grand-hen-ma

Grand-hen-ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Hudson Florida
    Last night I was doing the second check to see if my eggs were fertile. As I held up and egg to the light, I accidently dropped it into my light box. (a shoe box taped to a lamp) The egg dropped only a couple inches and the baby is due in less than a week. The shell cracked and there was some blood on my fingers and the shell. Did I kill this baby chicken? I put it back into the incubator just to be in the safe side. Please let me know asap!

2. Grand-hen-ma

Grand-hen-ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Hudson Florida
    I can't believe no one can help me with this??????????????

3. GreenGables

GreenGables Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    MA
    I never hatched chicks. By putting it back in the incubator you will see how it turns out. I would have done the same thing. Pray, wait, and see.

4. limpychick

limpychick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    Smithfield Virginia
    I had a duck egg that cracked on me. I actually put some neosporin very lightly on the cracked area (to keep moist and infection free) and put a bandaide on it to hold it together. I knew it would need help getting out, so when it was peeping and trying to pip, we carefully removed the bandaids (there were 2) and let him do his thing. He hatched and is running around fine. Let me know if it makes it..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by