help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mullers3acers, Jun 23, 2008.

1. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Songster

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    We raise hens for egg sales. We have several breeds but lately a couple of our sex links are sounding like roos when they begin to crow. How concerned should I be and what could be causing this??????

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

Well, sexlinked means the hens look like hens and the roosters look like Barred Rocks with bad barring. If they are black with some brown in the chest area and they are for sure sexlinks, they are hens, crowing or not.

3. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Songster

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    maybe i wasn't clear enough we have hen sex links but they are sounding like roos when they begin to crow.

4. Sparrow

Sparrow Songster

Apr 11, 2008
    Normally only roosters crow. I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you normally have hens that crow, just that they sound different from roosters when they crow? Are you concerned because your known hens are crow ing and they have never crowed before? [​IMG]

5. chcknrs

chcknrs Songster

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Sometimes a hen will learn to crow. I have one that has been kinda crowing for the past two weeks. She is the lead hen.

6. Red

Red Songster

Mar 17, 2007
    Our hen who is also at the top of the pecking order has been known to crow from time to time [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: