Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken x mama, Jul 12, 2008.

1. chicken x mama

chicken x mama New Egg

Jul 12, 2008
    I just put two chicken eggs in a little spaceship incubator (you know the one with the yellow bottom and the clear top) The hen was sitting on one egg for about three days. I candled the egg and it has little red veins in it so I know it is fertile but the other one is completely clear. Got and tips????[​IMG]

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Well the chick bators are pretty useless when it comes to hatching eggs [​IMG] You will be very lucky to hatch anything from it. Here is a link on that...

http://www.poultryhelp.com/chickbator.html

If you have a clear egg and it's past day 7 I would toss it or you may have a stinky mess to clean up and lots of disinfecting to do. Good luck~!

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I forgot to ask you if you have a humidity reader and thermometer in there? If not you should get one because the chickbator does not keep temps well at all (it goes right out the cheap thin plastic top) so I would watch that and try not to open it up much...only to add moisture to keep the humidity at about 45 % Hope your little baby hatches!!! [​IMG] Let us know if it works.

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Those dome bators are notoriously bad...although some people have hatched with them.

One tip I've read with them is to put them in a cardboard box and then wrap them up with blankets to insulate and help keep the temps steady.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by