Help!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by Dart, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Dart

Dart New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    I think my baby chick has a Epidemic tremor! what do I do!!! Every time she gets up she flips over and straitens up and falls asleep! i'm scared what do I do? [​IMG]

2. All my chicks that have had this ended up passing... Not saying yours will! My duck had that also and lived though! Not sure how to treat this, but I kept her still with my hands and held her under a heat lamp in a towel and gave her water with a pipette.

3. Dart

Dart New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    I try keeping her from waking up she does okay when she's asleep. I don't have a pipette though. I also have her lying next to a fire place to keep her warm. sometimes she flips over to here stomach. I don't want to leave her home by herself.

4. Dart

Dart New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    I guess there's nothing i could do my mom says I can't do anything....[​IMG]

5. My mom hates me having birds inside, but If they're sick they WILL be inside! Lol!

Could you post a pic? Make sure and keep her nice and warm! Get a spoon, fill with water and dip her beak into it and she should try to sip out of it! Good luck! I will follow this thread to see how she does!

6. Dart

Dart New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Here she is she had another attack and thank you!

7. Try to keep her on a rug or towel so she doesn't slip on the bare floor ;) and welcome :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  8. Dart

Dart New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    okay i have a box with a towel in it set up for her.[​IMG] I just hope she survives the night![​IMG]

9. Dart

Dart New Egg

Dec 9, 2012
    and i'm also scared to get near or pick her up I don't want her to do it again.[​IMG]

10. She might have a neurological issue. Talk to you in the morning!
    Got to hit the hay!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by