Help !!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lizmcd, Jan 9, 2013.

1. lizmcd

lizmcd Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2012
    Florida
    My new baby chick has a runny nose. This morning I went out to find my big girls
    Are sneezing. What do I do ?? And can we eat the eggs if the girls are sick ??

2. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    I don't know about the baby chick, but my chickens sneeze too, and from what I understand sneezing is caused by dust or them eating too fast. The eggs should be fine.[​IMG]

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
  4. cluckcluckgirl

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    I had a chicken that just sneezed, and she didn't seem to be sick. Was I mislead that sneezing can also be caused by dust or them eating too fast? Did she really have a minor cold?

5. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Well if they have a runny nose and sneezing then I believe that its a cold. Chickens do sneeze because of dust and Ive never heard of the eating too fast thing.

6. cluckcluckgirl

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    Mine don't seem to have a runny nose. Sorry, but I don't currently have the website. You can do a search on here about sneezing chickens and there should be a thread about it.[​IMG]

7. lizmcd

lizmcd Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2012
    Florida
    I went out to check on the Girls and my Rooseter and he seems to be stuffed up. No sneezing from him. I can only figure when my son was cleaning the babies water the older girls drank from it. So now everyone has a cold. I'm so worried about them. Do I need to give them special meds or will it pass like humans ?? I'm in Fla and our weather is so up and down this yr. One day it's cold one day it's raining then hot. We all are suffering from it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by