HELP

Raine M

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 20, 2013
the dog unplugged the incubator. I caught it in less than 30 Minutes, but the temperature dropped to 89.5 is this the end of the world? it is back up to temperature and there are 5 days left untill they are supposed to hatch.

thanks.

I wouldn't worry about it, hens leave the nest for about 20-30 minutes a day themselves except in the last couple of days usually and even then some will leave for short periods. The temp in the incubator may have dropped but the eggs hold the heat longer.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
I have forgotten to turn my incubator on after opening it and turning eggs for over 8 hours! Fortunately it has never impacted my hatches!

ok thanks. I can stop worrying now. hopefully they hatch. I will keep you posted

Nope, I don't think so. The older the embryo, the better they can take changes like you had. I doubt it affected them at all. If anything it might have delayed their hatch, but I don't think you will notice.

They will be fine so long as the other parameters are good for a healthy hatch

It takes a while for internal egg temp to drop.. so even if the air temp dropped down to 89.5 chances are the embryos are generating enough heat on their own to sustain them for those 30 minutes

Back
Top Bottom