1. KelsiNS

KelsiNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    Mt three day old roo suddenly cant stand (sitting back on his butt). Hes trembling and crying in distress. What do i do?!

2. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    How is baby roo? Check him for pasty butt,look at his legs for any sign of trauma. Is he eating/drinking? How many chicks are there? Is the temp warm enough for them?

3. KelsiNS

KelsiNS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2013
    Buna, TX
    No pasty butt. He was sopping wet and cold-i dtied him with a space heater and my shirt until he warmed up. He is has made it through the night but isnt perking up much. He drinks when i dip his beak and isnt eating much. There are14 other chicks in the brooder, they arent bothering him. He fan scoot when thr flock spooks (like when i get cat food out of the can next to the brooder), but just hunches back down afterwards. He seems exhausted, not injured. He chirped loud enough to wake me up last night (thank god) but is quiet today. Im boiling some egg to mix with yogurt for himand i gave him electrolytes this morning when he finally started responding. He keeps sitting on his butt with his legs in front, or sitting so far forward his head is on the ground.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by