Help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Danishennies, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Danishennies

Danishennies Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2013
    Montana
    Hi, my name is Dani. I will interduce muself and I am full of queation that I am hopeing someone can answer. I am new to the chicken world. My son had a rooster ( lewis) and a hen (Cleo) which he abe to us because he was moving and he could not take them with. So my daughter begged her dad to build a coop with much thought he built a beautiful coop that took us 3 months. So they were spoiled already. I love watching my birds. They are so peaceful. I was diagnosed with anxiety and with them they are my medication. So my husband, daughter, and I decided we needed more. So out for a hunt of just 4 more. The other day a guy put some in the free ads and when I went down there I found the ones seperated with feathers missing! He had them in with 4 roosters who were mean!! Well he wanted to give us the ones with feathera but I had to have the ones that looked rough. Fell in love! So I ended up with 12 of them so now 14 in all. He made me take 2 roosters which is ok a friend of mine wanted just roosters so she took them. Well they are excited because the coop they were in was small and metal. Now they have a huge yard and. Huge building they can all go in. Cleo my origanal is mad because Lewis is her man and she has to share so she pouts in a corner but I make sure she gets worms ever other day. So with this story I have a question can anybody tell me type of chickens I have. 2 my girls really wont let us touch or pick them up. Some of them scatter when we come around. I stay in the coop hours at a time talking to them. Meep as I named her comes to me and we stair and talk to ine another all the time she meeps at me we do this for hours. I will post pictures please let me know what they are. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

You have 3 Golden laced Wyandottes and Barred Rocks from that picture.

3. Danishennies

Aug 10, 2013
    Montana
    Thank you I am going to post another picture see id you know these ones[​IMG]

4. Veer67

Okay that is a White Turken and an Easter Egger.

5. Danishennies

Aug 10, 2013
    Montana
    [​IMG]

6. Veer67

Easter egger hen in the back and an easter egger roo in the front.

7. Danishennies

Aug 10, 2013
    Montana
    ok
    Okay that is a White Turken and an Easter Egger.
    [/quot]
    Thank you one more if you would[​IMG]

8. Danishennies

Aug 10, 2013
    Montana
    T
    Thank you very much. I was told different breeds for each of them. So I was a bit lost. Thank you again.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]The girls with the bald areas on their backs were probably bred too much from all the roosters, they end up tearing up their feathers and can even injure them. The chicken with the very bare, behind may have mites - have you checked her and the others for mites, lice, worms.

ON BYC -"everything else for sale," some ladies make & sell hen aprons. This fits on them and protects their backs from roosters claws - it also covers the bald areas letting them heal.

You are very nice to take the birds in such condition- I know they will be much happier at your house but, hope the man didn't send them full of parasites /or disease.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Dani, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Best of luck to you and your flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by