HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Luv the chicken, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Luv the chicken

Luv the chicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2013
    Hi all,
    I have a 6 yrs old chicken who is very skinny and she has started to lose balance and is fallin over and she is twitching her head and legs.
    Plz if f anyone could help[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Luv the chicken

Sep 26, 2013
    PLEASE HELP SHE ITS EATING OR DRINK ANYMORE
    SHE IS JUST TWITCHING

3. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    she is a good age and might be ready to pass on. How long since she ate/drank? How long has the twitching been going on? Keep her warm,try and get some water with electrolytes into her .

4. Luv the chicken

Sep 26, 2013
    she started twitching after i gave her a warm bath to clean the poop of her vent and she isnt opening her eyes

5. ten chicks

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    Get the electrolytes into her,do you have electrolytes? If not you can use gatorade or make your own,here is one recipe: to 1 gallon of water add: 1 tsp baking soda,1 tsp table salt,1 Tablespoon sugar. Try and get some into her. Her being skinny could be several things,check her crop for an impacted crop or sour crop,check her for lice/mites,look under wings around base of tail feathers. Has she ever been wormed? How long has she not been eating/drinking? If she has not been drinking,she may be dehydrated.

Last,it unfortunately may be her time,do the best you can,give her a kiss and a hug,she knows you love her.

Note: cut recipe for electrolytes in 1/2 to make smaller amount.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  6. Luv the chicken

Sep 26, 2013
    she doesnt have a impacted crop and she has never been wormed and do i need a syringe to give her the electrolytes??

7. ten chicks

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    just answered your pm. You can use a syringe,but i prefer a sml bowl/bottle,no accidentally aspirating her this way. Has she been pooping and what does it look like?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  8. Luv the chicken

Sep 26, 2013
    Her poop is water and creamish white with something green in it

9. ten chicks

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    She is starving,that is why you are seeing green poop.

10. ten chicks

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    Have you been able to get any water into her? Pick her up and keep gently trying to wake her. I feel it is her time,prepare yourself for her passing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by