1. Kipper9527

Kipper9527 New Egg

Nov 5, 2013
    My roosteR pupils are dilated and he seems to be pecking at stuff in mid air. His comb is very pail. I've only had him for a month. He had a respitory infection when I got him. I treated him with tylan 50 and cleared it up. Does anyone know what has caused his eyes to be dilated? Or what I could do for him. He is a molted bantam

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Do his eyes appear greyish in color, and are the pupils mishapen at all? It sounds like he could be going blind, for what reason, I don't know. Marek's Disease or Leukosis are two possibilities, though. Does he have any other symptoms? (swollen crop, respiratory signs, runny droppings, lack of appetite, etc.)

3. Kipper9527

Kipper9527 New Egg

Nov 5, 2013
    No his pupilE is dark black with some orange around it. Orange being his eye color. His poo is a bit watery looking I guess due to him not being able to eat much. He pecks towards the food but doesn't peck down far enough. I tried filling his food bowl full but that didn't help he's still not pecking close enough to it. He doesn't seem to be sick anymore. I gave him tylan 50 for 6 days and that cleared him up. He was sick and pasing worms through his poo when I got him. I let him out in the yard today to run free. When I went to catch him he did run from me. So I know he can see a little bit. I've kept him caged and in the house since I got him. Weather here in ky has been cold.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by