Help!!

Saltiena

Songster
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
Peach Bottom
i have a chick and it is not moving, it just layss there, it won't even open it's eves, it feels kinda limp when i pick her up! i kno she is still brething and if i make enough movment i can get her to open an eye, i looked, no pasty butt and i tried to get her to drink and she just took the water fell over and looked as if she were having convolshins as she swallowed, she was fine yesterday! all the other ones are leaving her alone, not pecking, but what is wrong, nothing looks diffrent from the outside exept that her eyes are closed what do i do?!!?!?!

Last edited:
I put her in a box by herself, but i put the box in the brooder so the others could comfort ger, i estimated the amount of suger, but if any1 has an exact measure than would like to kno. but she isn't getting any worse which i guess is good! but if any1 has anyother suggestions please do tell

I'm sorry about your baby.
sad.png
She doesn't have blood in her stool, does she? Are you giving your chickies medicated or non medicated feed? Not sure about how much sugar. I would probably put about a tablespoon per cup but that's just a guess. It's not uncommon to lose one or two chicks when you get a bunch from a hatchery. I sure do hope this little one bounces back!
fl.gif

Ellen

Hi there, can you get some pedalite (for infants) I think they have it unflavored, or maybe some gatorade.
Sounds like you're doing good by seperating her for now.
Just try & get the little one to drink as much as you can & eat maybe mix some of the pedalite with some food.
I don't know what else to tell ya, I hope she gets better. Good luck.
Miriam

ok, she is getting better, i gave her some gatorade in an eyedropper and added a little extra sugar, she is accually opening her eyes! she is still like falling asleep, but i am giving her sugar/gatorade every 10min utes and she is less limp. thank you so much my babiee is getting better, keep her in your thoughts

Back
Top Bottom