1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Saltiena

Saltiena Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    i have a chick and it is not moving, it just layss there, it won't even open it's eves, it feels kinda limp when i pick her up! i kno she is still brething and if i make enough movment i can get her to open an eye, i looked, no pasty butt and i tried to get her to drink and she just took the water fell over and looked as if she were having convolshins as she swallowed, she was fine yesterday! all the other ones are leaving her alone, not pecking, but what is wrong, nothing looks diffrent from the outside exept that her eyes are closed what do i do?!!?!?!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  2. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    All yu can do it try to give her some sugar water or something like that to perk her up-keep her warm.

Good Luck.

3. Saltiena

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    how much sygar?

4. Saltiena

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    I put her in a box by herself, but i put the box in the brooder so the others could comfort ger, i estimated the amount of suger, but if any1 has an exact measure than would like to kno. but she isn't getting any worse which i guess is good! but if any1 has anyother suggestions please do tell

5. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I'm sorry about your baby. [​IMG] She doesn't have blood in her stool, does she? Are you giving your chickies medicated or non medicated feed? Not sure about how much sugar. I would probably put about a tablespoon per cup but that's just a guess. It's not uncommon to lose one or two chicks when you get a bunch from a hatchery. I sure do hope this little one bounces back! [​IMG]

Ellen

6. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hi there, can you get some pedalite (for infants) I think they have it unflavored, or maybe some gatorade.
    Sounds like you're doing good by seperating her for now.
    Just try & get the little one to drink as much as you can & eat maybe mix some of the pedalite with some food.
    I don't know what else to tell ya, I hope she gets better. Good luck.
    Miriam

7. Saltiena

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    ok, she is getting better, i gave her some gatorade in an eyedropper and added a little extra sugar, she is accually opening her eyes! she is still like falling asleep, but i am giving her sugar/gatorade every 10min utes and she is less limp. thank you so much my babiee is getting better, keep her in your thoughts

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Saltiena.....I sure hope your little one pulls through. Sounds like you are doing everything just right. Keep us updated!

9. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    wonderful news, keep us posted...

10. Saltiena

Mar 30, 2007
    Peach Bottom
    she is still kinda acting sick and sleepingg ALOT but for the most part she is doing better [​IMG] she gets better!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by