Help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by olijo123, Mar 3, 2014.

1. olijo123

olijo123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    WV
    Hi! This is my second time hatching in my Brinsea Mini Advance with automatic egg turner. I love this incubator! Last year I hatched Swedish Flower chicks. This year I am hatching little Serama eggs with the small egg tray. I put in a dozen this morning but I ran into a problem. My eggs are kinda snugg and close together. So when it turns they don't turn. Only the littlest one turns. I am worried about this! Anybody ever had this problem? What did you do? I would hand turn them but I have school, so I am not sure. Help! Thanks!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hand turn them as often as you can, especially during the first week, when turning is very important. If you turn them first thing in the morning, again after school and once or twice more before night they should be o.k. Good luck with your hatch!

3. olijo123

olijo123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    WV
    Okay thanks! Last night I fit 9 eggs in there and they turn automatically. So I guess I just have to experiment with how the eggs sit. But if that does not work, I will have to hand turn. Thanks for your help! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by