Help?!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Forevermore5413, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Forevermore5413

Forevermore5413 In the Brooder

Jan 14, 2014
    I've got a baby chick that just hatched, it's either a cochin mix, wyandotte mix, or an easter egger mix. I've raised chickens before but it's been awhile since I have...maybe I'm just being paranoyed, but does this chick look ok?[​IMG]

2. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Crowing

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    It's hard to tell. Often when they have just finished kicking out they are exhausted and they take a rest. As hard as it is, go to bed and let the chick do what it will do. Most likely you will find it up and running in the morning. Good luck.

3. CharterChick

CharterChick Songster

Jul 21, 2014
    Aberdeen, WA
    My Coop
    I just hatched 10 that looked like that. If it's still breathing it's probably ok. Mine all took a rest and then were playing soccer with the other eggs pretty quick!

4. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Crowing

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR

:yuckyuck. Playing soccer! Good description!

5. Forevermore5413

Jan 14, 2014
    I won't be able to tell what it is till tomorrow so I'm gonna call it a he. He's up and trying to get his siblings to pip,theres one in the way hopefully.He appears to be jet black from what I can tell...but that may be blue. Thanks y'all, I will keep you updated...any ideas what this little one could be? The only two rooster we have are Silver Laced Wyandotte Pistachio and blue copper maran Moron( because of my mom's mispronounciation of it. The egg it came out of was either cochin or wyandotte.in hens we have silver laced wyandottes, easter egger's, two easter egger mixes, two cochins, and the blue copper maran hen..I'm going to get some sleep
    Maybe they're will be more:)

6. Forevermore5413

Jan 14, 2014
    :/. He still isn't up and running he's been in shock twice I don't understand it....I now I will probably lose him but I imagine the others will be hatching soon.

7. CharterChick

CharterChick Songster

Jul 21, 2014
    Aberdeen, WA
    My Coop
    How is the little one and how is the rest of your hatch?

8. Forevermore5413

Jan 14, 2014
    I'm sad to inform ya'll that he didn't make it and the rest of the brood died in their shells. We haven't had a good year, I fear we maybe finding our hens and roosters new homes soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: