Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ctptcha, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Ctptcha

Ctptcha Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2013
    Hello all,
    I've got a Janoel12 incubator. I have read that it has can hold nine duck eggs so I just bought my first duck egg batch(9 eggs). I tried to fit them in the incubator but it only fits 6. I really need help on this!!!! Please, anyone!!!!!!!Thanks.
    P.S. The eggs are just a day old so I am keeping the two extra in storage while the last one is sitting in the corner of my incubator.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I wish I knew more about this… perhaps @Lacrystol has had some experience with this.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    duck eggs are different sizes, does it say what kind of ducks? because a call duck would be a lot smaller then a Musky duck, what kind of ducks are you putting in?

4. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    that particular bator you would need to keep an eye on the temp, I have read that it has a hard time heating up. So as long as your not having a temp issue, it's a pretty good bator...

1 person likes this.
  5. Ctptcha

Sep 15, 2013
    I'm putting in pekin duck eggs. Managed to fit 7 in there but two are waiting for me to finish my homemade incubator. I don't have a temp issue in my bator. Thanks guys!!!!!;)

6. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    can you send me a pic of the inside, perhaps I can see how you have them set up, perhaps we can arrange it so that all of them fit..

7. mournlight

mournlight Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2008
    I guess you've taken any kind of included tray out so that they just lay on the mesh floor?

8. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    OH yes, ducks need to be laying down, you can't have the upright like chickens..

9. Ctptcha

Sep 15, 2013
    Thanks so much! All eggs are alive... including the extra one(nicknamed Jimmy [​IMG]) I will post pics... also, If anyone wants to see the day by day development of my eggs just go to http://clamynam5.wix.com/myjournals. Again, thanks so much for helping. oh, and here are the pics of inside my incubator:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by