Help!!!

andie0409

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 7, 2014
One of my chickens was attacked either by my other 2 chickens. Her eye is swollen and she seems to be drooling. I noticed the drooling the other day and today she was drooling a lot. I separated her from the others but I'm concerned about the drooling. She's still eating and drinking. Walking fine. Doesn't want to come out of the house though. Is she sick or just tired from getting beat up? Help press she's my favorite.

One of my chickens was attacked either by my other 2 chickens. Her eye is swollen and she seems to be drooling. I noticed the drooling the other day and today she was drooling a lot. I separated her from the others but I'm concerned about the drooling. She's still eating and drinking. Walking fine. Doesn't want to come out of the house though. Is she sick or just tired from getting beat up? Help press she's my favorite.
Are you absolutely certain that it was your other hens that attacked her? Did you see it happen? In any case, have you checked her thoroughly to see if there are any wounds on her body? You might give her a bit of plain yogurt and a scrambled egg to give her a nutritious boost and put a little bit of sugar in her waterer, too. It may sound weird, but this drooling almost sounds to me like she got bonked so hard on her head that she has a concussion of sorts? Just thinkin' ...

Are you absolutely certain that it was your other hens that attacked her? Did you see it happen? In any case, have you checked her thoroughly to see if there are any wounds on her body? You might give her a bit of plain yogurt and a scrambled egg to give her a nutritious boost and put a little bit of sugar in her waterer, too. It may sound weird, but this drooling almost sounds to me like she got bonked so hard on her head that she has a concussion of sorts? Just thinkin' ...

I didn't see them attack her but when I put them up last night she was fine and then I saw the eye swollen this morning. She has no other wounds. My poor baby. I'm going to do what u told me to do. Thanks so much.

What would I do if her wound by her eye gets infected? The wound is on her eyelid.

Keeping her isolated in her own area is about the best thing to do. Keep checking it, make sure it stays as clean as possible and hope she heals quickly.

Back
Top Bottom