1. xLennyx

xLennyx Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2012
    Hi, for the past few weeks one of my hens have been laying these flat egg sacs. It always varies from looking like a deflated yolk to just a sac of nothing. What could this be? She seems to be fine but I feel this is not healthy. Please help me :c Thanks

2. sbhkma

sbhkma Chillin' With My Peeps

Have your birds been dewormed? How is her weight? Eyes bright? What color is her comb-bright red or faded out? Any change in diet, routine etc? How old is this hen? The very experienced folks here will need to know some more details before they can venture a guess as to what may be wrong.

3. xLennyx

xLennyx Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2012
    Sorry..I have never dewormed my hens, she is a big hen and is a healthy weight. She looks normal, her eyes are are the same and her comb is bright red as always, there has not been any changes in diet..she eats and drinks normally. She is 3 years old and I know she stopped laying after the death of her two friends, which was almost two months ago. I have not seen any drastic changes in her other than the fact that she is laying deflated eggs. The other hen has been laying perfect eggs and goes under the same routine, she is smaller though and a different breed

4. sbhkma

sbhkma Chillin' With My Peeps

5. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    I would suggest that you give her some calcium D3...may be available at a pharmacy...do you give your chickens any oyster shell ? If not maybe you should try this or give them some egg shells crushed...scrambled eggs are good for them too..and they are free when your chickens lay eggs!

Hope she improves very soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by