help

ke06076

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 23, 2014
Hi i live in alberta canada and its -30 to-40 here and its my first year with chickens and i am using a 4 inch tall water bin for my chickens and having a rilly hard time keeping the water clean and un frozen. Any tips please i am trying to stay away from a heater becouse i have a heater in my chicken coop, bunny hut, horse water, barn ect and runnin out of plugins but i think i may have to find one any way and any winter tips hor any thing winter related would help thanks

Hi i live in alberta canada and its -30 to-40 here and its my first year with chickens and i am using a 4 inch tall water bin for my chickens and having a rilly hard time keeping the water clean and un frozen. Any tips please i am trying to stay away from a heater becouse i have a heater in my chicken coop, bunny hut, horse water, barn ect and runnin out of plugins but i think i may have to find one any way and any winter tips hor any thing winter related would help thanks
What sort of heater are you using in the coop and is the waterer inside the same coop or elsewhere?
If/when maintaining water is impossible due to temperature you can just as easily simply water the flock 2+ times a day-go out first thing in the morning and then later on in the day, take warm (but not hot) water and fill the water container - the flock will drink their fill and you come out later and repeat the process. They quickly catch onto the routine and know to drink their fill when the water is brought out.

I have a heatlamp in the chicken coop where my chickens are and thank i will try that

Back
Top Bottom